Summer Reading is open to everyone -- children, teens and adults -- and runs from June 15 - August 10, 2013.
How does it work?
- Sign up using the links on the Summer Reading home page.
- Earn Summer Reading points by recording the number of minutes you read between June 15 and August 10. Record minutes online by logging in to your Summer Reading account or bring a record of your reading to your local library. Each minute read is worth one Summer Reading point. You can also earn points for activities such as attending programs and writing book reviews.
- Redeem your points for prizes at any Durham County Library location. Points can be redeemed at any time between June 15 and August 10. You can redeem up to 1000 points over the course of the program.
- Earn 600 points to be eligible for the grand prize drawings at the end of the summer.
- Participants can pick up a free Reading is Fundamental (RIF) book while supplies last.